Master of Public Administration
Your Future is in Public Service
Learn to be an effective administrative leader and thoughtful policy analyst with a Master of Public Administration (MPA). The Marxe School MPA is ranked among the best in the nation. It is fully accredited by NASPAA, the nation’s chief accrediting body for schools of public affairs and administration.
MPA NYC students develop skills in budgeting, communications, economic analysis, fundraising, leadership and management, program evaluation, and research methods. Knowledge of U.S. government and public policies in such areas as immigration, the environment, housing, economic development, health care, and foreign affairs is gained during the course of the program. Our graduates work in the public interest in government, nonprofits and the private sector.
1. Use management and leadership theories to analyze the design, operation, and governance of public and nonprofit organizations.
2. Develop recommendations, based on multiple analytical frames, to improve the management of public and nonprofit organizations and achieve the organizational mission.
3. Engage in the steps of the policy process including identifying a problem and making a proposal.
4. Identify alternative policy options; assess their potential feasibility and effectiveness; describe how the policy options are expected to affect outcomes (mechanisms).
Analyze and Think Critically:
5. Use social science methods to analyze, evaluate, and draw valid conclusions from data to apply to public policy questions, and/or decision-making situations, and/or issues of public concern.
Public Service Perspectives:
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the public interest in an assignment.
7. Exhibit an awareness of strengths and weaknesses in verbal and written communication and articulate a plan to maximize communication effectiveness.
As a member of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA), the MPA is accredited by the Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation (COPRA).
Baruch College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education