Marxe Ambassador Job Description
Serve as a representative of the Marxe School by participating in recruitment and yield events. Also engage with prospective students either by phone or email. You’ll support the offices of Admissions by speaking with and welcoming prospective students, applicants and new students to our virtual or in person events, providing support during these events, and most importantly, by sharing your student experiences at these events.
Examples of Events:
– Information Sessions
– Open Houses
– Admitted Student Receptions
– School-wide & public events
– Admitted student outreach
– Current graduate student (full-time or part-time) in the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs within the EMPA, MPA, MIA, or HEA program
– Completed at least one full semester in a Marxe program
– In good academic standing in Marxe program
– Able to speak confidently and enthusiastically in front of groups of people and one-on-one with individuals in a friendly and professional manner
– Commitment to full participation in assigned events (approximately 3-4 events per semester, usually between 1-1.5 hours each, taking place on weekdays and/or evenings, coordinated with your class schedule)
Marxe Ambassadors will receive a scholarship ($400 for part load and $800 for full load per semester) to be applied towards tuition and fees. There will be a required virtual orientation for those selected.