Advisement Operations Update: Fall 2022
Marxe Academic Advisors continue working hybrid schedules and are available to meet in various formats, including in-person. Advising sessions can be conducted via zoom, telephone or in-person via appointments, and we are always available via email.
- Graduate Students (MPA, EMPA, HEA, MIA, Certificate Program), email us at email@example.com
- Public Affairs Majors (BSPA – undergraduates), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate and Undergraduate students can also make an appointment with an advisor on the Navigate App.
APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS
Remember to meet and stay in touch with your advisor to make sure you are on track for success in your degree program!
– Marxe Academic Advisement
Remember to Apply for Graduation by the Deadline!
All students planning on completing their degree requirements and graduating at the end of their final term must apply for graduation in order to officially graduate and receive their diploma. Late applications will not be accepted, so it is best to apply well before the deadline. Below are the deadlines for each semester, these deadlines are effective every year until further notice.
- Graduating at the end of Winter/Spring Semester = February 15
- Graduating at the end of Summer 1 & 2 Semester = June 15; *March 1st, if you want your name featured in the Commencement program.
- Graduating at the end of Fall Semester = September 15
Students may apply through CUNYFirst using the pull-down menu in their student service center. For step-by-step instruction, click here. Students who have been previously denied or students who are trying to revise their graduation date must submit the Application for Graduation.
Click Here for More Information about Graduation
What We Do
A full range of academic advisement services are provided to public affairs undergraduate and graduate students to ensure the successful completion of their degree programs. This includes:
- Individualized program planning with attention to career goals
- Personalized consultation regarding alternative courses of study, electives, and specializations
- Accurate information on Baruch College’s academic policies and procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of college resources, including counseling and career services
- Support on how to make an academic appeal
- Guidance to College offices for problem resolution
- Assistance with degree auditing for students nearing graduation
For undergraduate advisement (Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs and the Survey Research Minor) email email@example.com.
For graduate advisement (Master of Public Administration, Executive MPA, Master of International Affairs, and Master of Science in Education-HEA) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.